twitter


Last month [read yesterday], i was heavily insulted by one guy at work. Am wondering what to do with him. And its really paining me, because I was silent and dint reply to any of his insults.

Well, the story behind all this is a long one.

When I was desperate and jobless [story for another day], this guy [John] came to me and offered to open up a business for me. And it looked like a really nice idea. So I consulted a friend about it, and she told me to sign an agreement with John stating that all these offers were out of good will.

When I asked John to sign the agreement, he backed out of the whole deal. So I sent him my CV, so to at least send if for me to anyone looking to hire people. He criticized my CV so much, telling me how much of a pity it was. Then he kept sending me emails of job vacancies that were way above my league. People needed to have masters and be over 35yrs and so on... I applied for all these jobs anyway, though i got a response for none, and neither was I expecting any. I was very discouraged.

A week later, he sent me an email on vacancies at his work place. So I applied as usual. And guess what!! They called me for an interview and I got the job. The job puts me at a higher rank than he is. So he said never to let anybody in that company know that I know him. And I respected that. We don't even say hi. All communication between us is through gmail chat.

Yesterday evening, we went past each other on the corridors and as usual we did not even look at each other, but when I passed him, he laughed. When I got back to the office, I decided to chat him up on gmail. I asked why he laughed at me when we passed each other, and am telling you whatever insults I read..... tsk tsk tsk! Am even embarrassed to tell those insults to anyone. I'd not even want anybody to know that I was ever insulted that way.

Now am wondering how to react...

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I've not seen such a template yet. The outlook is so catchy. I'll take time to read you.

  1. Why not confront him?

  1. @ Cold turkey.. I searched far and wide.
    @ Bomseh.. What do I tell this guy?I confront him and say what?

  1. First of all i think the guy is a jerk, second thing, i think you should just confront him ,in a friendly way, just ask him what that was all about then after that you'll know how to react towards him..but just be civil with him, its good you didnt insult him back because that would put you to his level.
    But i think he is a jerk, thats very mean, waiting for the next post.

  1. @ Tricia.. Thanks for the advice.. will confront him

  1. Eh, that guy sounds like a total creep. It seems a little suspect that he doesn't want you to have any form of communication at work (even a friendly hello) and he's probably jealous...for whatever reason. What was your relationship like before you got your job? He was "willing" to help you start a business, but how did you know him for him to make the offer in the first place?

    I think the basis of your relationship will kinda determine how you handle him. If the relationship is very casual and has no importance to you or anyone in your circle, the easiest way to deal with him is let him know that the insults were uncalled for, then delete him from your chat and acquaintance list...

  1. @ sis we were close friends with this guy. I know him and his family, so it came as a shock to me, that he could react this way. Now we no longer communicate. I decided to cut him off completely. I think its better that way.

  1. i like the Rock song by Dead Poetic that says something to the effect:
    "Let them feast on their perfections till they choke and die."
    Hm.
    Hope it makes sense.