twitter


I must admit I've been a little too caught up in what I call motherly duties..., so much so that I forgot all about other things. Now that am tryna clean out the cobwebs, so to get back, though not to where I was, but to somewhere close, i see what rain and mud I have been through. Now that the storm is almost over, I'm glad to have made it thus far, through this rain....

Mariah Carey spoke it out for me, especially now when my parents wont hear a word about this new found love of my life... reason being, in his community, there are too many cultural beliefs that are still followed up to date. it's frustrating, and annoying and confusing and all, but somehow, somewhen....

When you get caught in the rain with no where to run
When you’re distraught and in pain without anyone

when you keep crying out to be saved
but nobody comes
And you feel so far away
That you just can’t find your way home
You can get there alone
It’s okay, what you say is

I can make it through the rain
I can stand up once again on my own
And I know that I’m strong enough to mend
And every time I feel afraid I hold tighter to my faith
And I live one more day and I make it through the rain

And if you keep falling down don’t you dare give in
You will arise safe and sound, so keep pressing on steadfastly
And you’ll find what you need to prevail
What you say is

I can make it through the rain
I can stand up once again on my own
And I know that I’m strong enough to mend
And every time I feel afraid I hold tighter to my faith
And I live one more day and I’ll make it through the rain

And when the rain blows, as shadows grow close don’t be afraid
There’s nothing you can’t face
And should they tell you you’ll never pull through
Don’t hesitate, stand tall and say-ay-yeah-yeah-hey-ey

I can make it through the rain
I can stand up once again on my own
And I know that I’m strong enough to mend
And every time I feel afraid I hold tighter to my faith
And I live one more day and I make it through the rain

I can make it through the rain
And stand up once again
And I live one more day
And I can make it through the rain
(Oh, yes you can)
Ooh, You’re gonna make it through the … rain


That says it all for me....

A.O.B
When we get the people at the MAU forest out, will it rain and end the drought as we need it. As in, if they are evicted today, will it rain tomorrow, or the day after?....

Why is it a big deal, in some communities, when someone's husband dies?... That now all the wealth becomes for those lazy bastards, who maybe caused his death so they inherit his wealth. Who said the widow is not hurt by her husband's death? Dare some skunk parade themselves that they want a single drop o what they dint work for... Chineke!! We shall see... we shall see....

9 comments:

  1. The song says it very well, we usually see more clearly if we can look past the problems before us. All the best and I like your blog. How is your job now?

  1. @ Myne Am getting used to my job, so am settling. True, about the song..

  1. Lovely song!

  1. and here i thought fans of mariah were hard to find sometimes. and sometimes, the rainbow only comes after the rain.

    i figure that after the folks leave the mau its just the first step in a long line of things that need to be done. the results wont be seen over night but its now or never before the situation becomes irreversable. thats my opinion anyway.

    i also made up my mind a while back that regardless of who i ended up with what we worked for wouldnt be fair game for others should he or i pass away. its sad that a death is seen as the equivalent to a get rich scheme for relatives.

    thanks for dropiing by mine by the way, im loving it here :-D

  1. We cant tell folks to grow up and get a life but seriously they need to move with the times! If two people have it going strong, differences in community can be overcome.

  1. Those cultural believes you are talking about are ancient and you went to school and must know that they are obsolete especially to the dot com generation, which I am sure he is. This is the generation that rebels agains those weird cultural beliefs and way of life. I am sure in most cultures people didn't wear clothes, it doesn't mean that if you hooked up with a modern Maasai you'd be forced to wear cow hide. Amka kumekucha

  1. A pal went through the same thing - parents didn't approve of different culture love/union. I don't get why progress is taking so long when it comes to this.

  1. @ My world... Yeah
    @ jmmk now about the mau, its really complex, coz only the very poor moved out, ut the big fish bado wako tu uko. On relationships, am still pissed
    @ Shiko.. tell that to granma.
    @ Bomseh Well, most parents and relatives dont see it that way, coz most of them actually suffered the same fate. Its hard to convince them.
    @ 3N.. Trust Africans to slow progression, kama bado visa card banking is a big deal

  1. Good post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.