twitter


Proud to be

A murderer!!
Yes I am,
Proud I am,
She was murdered.

Loudly humming, by me she passes
Irritating and annoying
I caught a glimpse
She was obese,
A stripped coat covered her back
A malicious look on her face

As if forgetting,
Back she turned to me.
What does she want?
She holds a syringe and needle
Huh?
"In exchange for death,
A drop I need"

No way!!
Away she's whisked
Off she goes into thin air
A while later, her hum,
So unforgettable, is nearing
I await her approach,
But in thin air, No more hum
May be change of direction,
May be change of song,

In sudden,
A jab!! On my arm
A slap on the arm,
I glimpse,
Anopheles, her syringe and needle,
Taking off.
Not far off she sits catching breath

Angry I am.
Vengeful I become
Nuclear destroyer in arms
Creeping to her
A single dash of spray,
On the ground she lays,
The mosquito is dead
I am proud!

4 comments:

  1. An interesting read. Nice ending, you know, the part where you reveal 'her' as a mosquito and when she dies.
    But it was more of a story than a poem. I liked it nevertheless.

  1. i love the intensity of this poem...

    i'll admit i wasnt quite sure who got murdered until the very end...

  1. hmm...flowing and intriguing. it's an engaging poem. what more, you have a very appealing template.

  1. Nice!