twitter


Has any of you ever fallen in love with somebody you actually never met?

Well I did once.

This guy * Sean, I met him on the Internet.I can't remember if it was through yahoo or blogger or.... Well, we would communicate most of the time through chat, and later, we exchanged phone numbers. And we'd call each other most of the day, and yours truly begun growing very fond of Sean and FAST.


Soon, I was introduced to Sean's cousin, and his sister, and his mother. Mind you, all this was done over the phone, because all this while, Sean was in a different country. So he'd give my phone number to say his cousin, then his cousin would call, and later come to visit.

I trusted Sean. I fell in love with him, and this love grew by day, as I waited patiently for his return to Nairobi.
I lived in a world full of fantasies of me and him, and our children and our house.  He made promises to me. And I loved him more and more, even though he did not keep most of these promises.He even proposed to me on phone.

I waited for Sean for three years.Until one day, I received a call from anonymous saying if I remember very clearly
Hi. I'm just calling you to give you some information about Sean. He has gotten another girl here pregnant, and I thought that I should let you know, since I believe you dont deserve to be treated the way Sean is treating you. Don't bother calling me back because am using a phone booth. Bye.
And she was gone.

I was in denial and so decided to ignore that call, because I trusted my Sean, and there is no way in this world, that the Sean I loved so much, the Sean who promised me the moon and the stars, the Sean who was going to be my baby's father... would do anything like that. So I did not even bother to ask him about this...

But I was so hurt, I decided I wanted a break from this relationship!

Before I even got to tell him I needed a break, I got a call from one of the people Sean lives with, telling me that Sean was having a baby, by another woman. And that was it! I decided to end the relationship with Sean. It was hard. I cant even recall what I told him, but I had said it was over by the end of the conversation, but did not mention that I knew about his up coming baby.

A few days after break up, he told me that he had made a woman pregnant, and that it was seven months old. The explanation I got was that, the woman went to Sean and told him that she has a chronic condition with her vagina. Her vagina refuses to open up to men that she is not in love with. And since she was in love with Sean, though as he alleges, he does not love her, her vagina opens up when she sees him. So she went to him for help with her vagina issues. Mind you, nowhere had I even heard that Sean was a gynecologist! So Sean the red cross guy went on to have sex with her, even without a condom. What Jeopardy to our "relationship"! tsk tsk tsk....

After telling me all that bullshit explanation, I was supposed to forgive him, as he was trying to help a needy woman. He even claimed that he was going to abandon that woman, so he could come back to me. I repeat. He was gonna abandon the woman who was carrying his child.


I was really hurt, and I stayed many days crying and meditating. Then at once it hit me; I never really knew Sean. I had never even seen him, except maybe for the pictures he sent me. He played with my heart... But I was the bigger fool!

I got up, had a make over and went out clubbing. (Story for another day) And from then, my attachment to him begun to fade, and I begun to see how foolish I was for ever trusting virtual love for over three years! Imagine three years!

His baby was born, and he told it to the whole world. He broadcast on all means. 

4 comments:

  1. Been into something close. It's the best love as love can ever be...but real? Not real.

  1. Gai fafa!!

    Duped...!!!

    And for three years!!

    Aki pole dear!!

    I hope that never happens to me.

  1. That girl's condition is medical. It is called Vaginismus. Google it.

  1. LOL. I'm sorry, but this was hilarious...I mean, teh red cross guy? ohh maan, nice one!